Friday, July 20, 2018

Godzilla, GodZILLA, GODZILLA!!!


I still remember watching Godzilla movies growing and with all the new buzz around the new Godzilla movie coming out next year get back to your Godzilla roots with the classic originals. I would have to say my favorites would have to be the the TOHO series and out of this I would have to say I loved the Millennium series the most. Don't get me wrong, the original 1954 debut holds a place in my heart and memory of the first time I saw it, but there is just something about the movies from 1999-2004 from Toho. Out of these Godzilla: Final wars is the best, (in my opinion). I mean Godzilla and all the other monsters in the same flick was great, (even if some of them were only cameo stock footage scenes). 2016's Shin Godzilla was a epic chapter in the Godzilla franchise and shows why TOHO is still pushing forward strong. The Netflix series, um yeah I am not to fond of them myself. For the American releases were just going to pretend that the 1998 movie never happened. The 2014 feature with Godzilla facing off against the Muto was actually very good and I am looking forward to seeing how they go forth with Godzilla: King of Monsters and the 2020's Godzilla vs. King Kong. The King Kong series is a whole different story and set of opinions, but the Skull Island release I felt was a good twist on the new direction for the King Kong series to pull it into the Godzilla story line for modern telling.