Thursday, March 29, 2018

Scoots the Floor Paperclip

One day while walking to the restroom at work I noticed a paperclip on the floor. I initially didn't think anything about it until the days progressed on.

This paperclip wasn't all deformed by overuse or such. It was just a normal silver paperclip laying on the floor. Later that day as I went to leave work Scoots, ( the quirky name I decided to give him ) was still on the floor but just a little further across the way. The next day when I cam back in and got out of the elevator Scoots was laying there on the floor to greet me. I stepped over him and went on my way. Later that day as I went to lunch Scoots had moved close to the edge of the overlook, but was still hanging out. This meandering of Scoots back and forth along the whole long section of cos way went on for days. I could have picked him up, but I wanted to see how long this went on for. Heck one day he almost made it to the stairwell, which is a good distance for a paperclip to shuffle to with no visible  legs.

After 3 weeks of Scoots adventures back and forth I came into work on a Monday and Scoots wasn't anywhere I could see. Did he venture on to a area I don't commonly travel to explore new lands? Did someone pick him up? If they did pick him up, did they rejoin him with his clip family amongst the documents of Ole holding files like his ancestors? Did they throw him in the bin like a common item of trash? Or did someone take him to turn him into a elaborate paperclip animal in a sort of personal reincarnation?

Scoots Dclip you will be missed (2018 - 2018)