Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Insticnt (TV Series) Review


The TV series Instinct is based on James Patterson's Murder Games ( Murder Games via James Patterson's Website ) which I have not read, as of yet. The lead role of Dr. Dylan Reinhart is portrayed by Alan Cumming and the brash detective Lizzie Needham is played by Bojana Novakovic. So far 2 episodes have aired, as of the date of this post, and I would have the say the series has potential. It did not grab me and hold me steadfast to my screen with the story lines. So far in both episodes I was able to determine the killer not even half of the way through the episodes. I have seen a good number of detective thriller series and movies, so I'm not sure if it gave me a slight upper hand on the deduction or if the story line was just too transparent. Don't get me wrong I do understand that some shows and movies are written to make the viewer seem like they are part of what is happening to keep them hanging on for a surprise twist ending that throws what theory they might have deduced themselves out the window. This series though, so far, has not done that. 

I would say it is worth a watch, but is not a "write home about it" show stopper.

Overall I give the series as of 2 episodes aired a 5 out of 10.

Check out the first 2 episodes via CBS.