Saturday, April 14, 2018

Lost In Space (2018) Review


Well I decided to sit down and watch the first episode of the Lost In Space reboot on Netflix. Lets just say I was not impressed at all with it. I understand there is a whole season to explain a story line, but the first episode left me thinking, "Yeah, I'm probably not gonna watch the rest of the episodes". I'm sure there probably people that are going to love it, but it just wasn't my bag of cookies. Usually you want a series to start off with a premise that will hook you and this just had me asking several questions as to why is this so different? It felt more like a poor attempt to make a family drama like This Is Us in space and slap a old famous series title on it.

Overall I gave it a 3 out of 10 stars.


Storyline

Set 30 years in the future, colonization in space is now a reality, and the Robinson family is among those tested and selected to make a new life for themselves in a better world. But when the new colonists find themselves abruptly torn off course en route to their new home they must forge new alliances and work together to survive in a dangerous alien environment, light-years from their original destination. Stranded along with the Robinsons are two outsiders who find themselves thrown together by circumstance and a mutual knack for deception. The charismatic Dr. Smith is a master manipulator with an inscrutable end game. And the roguish, but charming Don West is a highly-skilled, blue collar contractor, who had no intention of joining the colony, let alone crash landing on a lost planet.