Saturday, April 17, 2021

I was sorting through some old pictures and came across a gem. Probably the nerdiest thing I ever...

I was sorting through some old pictures and came across a gem. Probably the nerdiest thing I ever bought was a mini self contained server from a airforce auction. I drove for 4 hours to go pick it up. It held 24 hot swappable drives and 2 dvd roms. It ran 4 processors with 32 memory card banks. It had 2 built in uninterruptible power supplies that would let it run for approx 30 minutes after the power went off. When I was done I had geeked it out to have 24 1tb drives and ran a online accessible ftp server system that also served as a programming bubble chamber environment. It was the size of a 2 drawer file cabinet and was on wheels. There was a keyboard drawer built in and a mount for a monitor on top of it. It was a sad sad day when I decided to sell it off. I had given it the name WOPR, lol.


Yet another post from Robsdeskwv
Via Tumblr https://ift.tt/3uY7V3H